Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tomorrow, the beginning of a NEW me

Tomorrow is the beginning of a new me! I have been in pain for so long I truly look forward to relief that is in my future. The surgery being performed is to relieve the pressure on my brain by removing a portion of my skull and minimizing my C1 and possibly C2 vertebrae. Where the skull is removed a membrane patch will be attached for protection. There will be physical therapy during my recovery in order to get the neck muscles back to full working motion. This is going to be a very long recovery process and REST is very important. I look forward to visitors after getting home and settled. I will let you all know when I am "visitor" ready. Thank you for your understanding.


I must admit that I am very anxious, but I want to get this all past me. I received a phone call from Adam Hamilton, the pastor of my church and it was very comforting. I shared my fears with him and he helped put it all into perspective. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to share my thoughts with him and pray with him.


I have to say THANK YOU one more time for all that everyone is doing for my family. God is good and has blessed me with so many fabulous friends and family. I know my girls are in good hands and will have so much fun with their aunties while I am in the hospital!!!


Love to you all!

Amy/Shelly



2 comments:

  1. Amy- Dawn passed on your blog to me and I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. I hope your surgery goes well and you are pain free soon. I know you have a huge network of friends and family to help you and we don't know each other that well, but know that if there is anything I can do, I'd be willing to help. God will be with you tomorrow, as He always is and He will protect you and heal you! Keep faith that all will be well soon. You are in my prayers, Marci Mulloy (Dawn's friend/co-worker)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billibrooks RobinsonApril 2, 2009 at 4:54 PM

    Hi Amy,
    I wanted to wish you the best of luck tomorrow, we are all thinking about you here at Ferguson. I know how awful being in pain all the time is, not a day goes by that I'm not hurting. Stay strong and know your going to be pain free soon !!!! We will be thinking of you tomorrow.....Billi

    ReplyDelete