Sunday, March 29, 2009

Reality check

It has been a hard couple of days, I think this bad dream is now unfortunately a reality. I had my pre-op at the hospital on Friday at Shawnee Mission. Everyone I met was very nice and informative, but it was still hard. I sat there with Pat by my side just crying in shock of what was happening. That day would have been difficult even if this wasn't going on since it was 4 years ago to the day that I lost my Dad. I do feel comfort knowing he will protect and guide me through this journey.

God truly blessed me with a very supportive husband, family and group of friends. Words can not describe how much I appreciate all that everyone has done for my family. Please know that not one call, message, meal or card goes unappreciated.

I have met some great people on-line who have Chiari and have had the same surgery I am having. The information they have provided has been a great comfort.

Off to get Lexi to bed for the night, chat later.

5 comments:

  1. If anyone's got an army of love, it's you... Tons of credit for keeping us all in the loop despite how difficult this has been. We're always thinking about you and are happy to be part of the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, that was me- Ryan, not Harry Posner- long story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop! We love you very much and can't wait until you are on the other side of this. Like Ryan said, you have an army of love on your side. We are praying for your speeding recovery and thank god all the time to have you as part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda Findley-ArrillagaMarch 31, 2009 at 9:54 AM

    Amy- As a mommy of three little ones myself, I have to say that you are a brave, beautiful, STRONG, women and your girls are blessed to have such a wonderful mommy. You will be in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy - Sue has been keeping me updated and I'll be praying for you. Now, I have been laid off and have some extra time so I would be more than happy to help out in any way I can. I know it can be hard to ask for help but please, please let me know if there is anything I can do.
    Jill Painter

    ReplyDelete