Friday, April 17, 2009

Not a lot going on :)

The last few days have been pretty good. I truly am feeling better everyday. I am just a little nervous and praying lots about some returning symptoms. I have a couple of things that "are back" but I am not freaking out about it yet. The Dr told me it took a while for these symptoms to occur so it could take a while for them to leave. It is just strange that the first week I felt none of them. Maybe it was just the pain in my head was more severe so I didn't notice, who knows. I just pray this is temporary and soon on it's way out of my life.



Either way things are good. I had a dear friend come to the house today to cut my hair so I look a little less like a skater from my 8th grade class. Thanks Jenn M!!!!! Now it looks much better and isn't as obvious. As long as there isn't a big gut of wind my comb over effect will go unnoticed.



Hoping I can sit outside this weekend and enjoy the weather while the girls play. Just hard to remember that just because I feel better doesn't mean I am healed. The healing process takes so long because of the internal healing necessary. My neck muscles were all cut in order to get to the portion of my skull they needed to get to. I am getting more and more range of motion in my neck everyday and the swelling is much less.



I'm pretty boring for the most part. Enjoying all the gorgeous flowers that have bent sent, THANK YOU ALL!!! I am so grateful for the people in my life. I am blessed to work for an amazing company (Kohler) who has been very supportive during this difficult time. They also sent me an amazing flower arrangement, Thanks Indy branch! The support we have received is indescribable. God has truly blessed my life with wonderful people, not a day goes by that
I don't appreciate that. My family has been there every step as well. My mom "babysits" me during the day everyday with Art stopping in to visit us and bring us lunch sometimes! My in-laws come early in the morning to help Pat get the girls ready and everyone out the door. And then there is Pat! He has been everything for me and the girls and never has a complaint. I don't know what this experience would have been like without these particular people as a part of it.

Have a great weekend!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,

    You are so cool! I love this site and being able to "check up" on you! I am praying for you that your surgery is a success and become pain free. Your family and friends are just as lucky to have you. I bet your girls can't wait to get you back to full force. I would love to see a picture of your hair. You always make me laugh, you're just so darn witty and pretty too!
    I'm glad each day keeps getting better.
    I love you,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    I finally have had a chance to read all of your blog. Such a sad and scary story, but I'm so thankful that for the most part you feel as if it is behind you. I'm out of town this week nannying, but when I get home I would love to come by one day and bring you lunch if I can or just come by and bring you some tasty dessert! Take one day at a time and enjoy each day of sunshine. You are in my prayers! Love you, Sarah

    ReplyDelete