Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stitches out





11th day and stitches are out! I have been feeling a little better everyday, but slow paced. I actually watched tv today for the first time since I have been home. Sitting up is not comfortable, well laying down isn't either but it is more do-able.


Since returning home I have realized I have super sonic senses! My hearing is so sensitive I have to walk around my house with Kleenex stuffed in my ears, that is when I am downstairs. The girls think this is pretty funny looking. The TV and computer also make my eyes hurt, so I don't do either very often. Food doesn't taste good, well egg drop soup has been the only oldie but goodie. This reminds, I need to tell you guys about finding my "goon" I will fill you in on that later. This will all even out over time, but really weird for now.

The Dr. said I am healing really well and everything I have experienced so far is normal. After my body evens out and replenishes the spinal fluid lost during surgery things should start to feel normal again. Knock on wood I haven't had any of my previous symptoms sense my surgery.

I am able to spend more and more time with the girls each night. Lexi and I laid in bed and held hands watching a movie and it was WONDERFUL!!!! Lani just got in my lap tonight for the first time. I hope to have dinner with them tonight after they go play for a while. Although they are 1 & 2 yrs old they totally get it. Lexi always asks if my boo boo feels better and Lani looks at the back of my head to see if there is still something there.

It was nice to feel up to visiting with a friend for a bit today. Tracy said said she felt like she was at the spa when she walked in my room. Lights out, nice breeze, meditation music (thanks Jamie) and of course the Sage and Cirtus candle burning (thanks Jenn). Minus the facial, massage, cut and color it was an Aveda experiance. I know I keep saying it but I look forward to everyday and seeing what feels better!!!

13 comments:

  1. I am extremely happy for you Amy. I can only imagine what you are going through. I have said it once, but I will say it again, you are so strong. I am envious of your strength and determination. I know being able to spend more time with your girls brings you peace. I am glad the days are getting better for you. Thinking of you- Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are getting better. Thank you for keeping us informed. You are such a positive person. And your hair is growing back! Take care. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear from you. I love the pics!! I have definitely been thinking about you. My medical background helps in being able to know how intense the pain can be. From now on when someone says they have a headache you will have to keep from laughing :)

    Amy Walrod

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, you are one tough cookie! I am SO PROUD of you for your strength and the determination you have!

    I have some stuff to bring over, will you be up a visit in a few days?

    Love ya, Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been checking your blog so many times a day waiting for a new post. Please don't wait soo long! I was getting worried! I'm praying everyday for the pain to be less and more time you get to spend with your girls! Love, angie clifton

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine how much being able to spend time with the girls means to you right now....they, along with Pat, will be your strength throughout this journey and they can do more for you than any drug. I miss you, and I keep you close to my heart everyday. I can't wait to see you when you are ready. hugs, Paige.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so great to talk with you and see you outside today while the girls were blowing bubbles. You look amazing!! I am so glad to hear you are feeling more normal...the prayers are working and will continue. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would like to invite you to ASAP website for questions and support .
    www.asap.org . R

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful line of strength and courage you have on the back of your head ~ welcome to the zipperhead club :) So glad you have those stitches out and are on the mend. I have the super sonic hearing ~ kinda makes you feel like a super hero, huh? Don't worry, food will taste normal again soon ~ it's just a side effect of the surgery and all those wonderful pain killers. Keep on healing ~ hugs ~ Lace

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that things are going well and that you are feeling better every day. We love you! Tracie & Ry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your girls have a very special mommy, I'm so glad your feeling better Amy. I've had you in my prayers every day and will continue to do so. Stay strong, the back of your head looks great !! It's a sign of pain free days to come !!
    Take care, Billibrooks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your new hair is going to be so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there friend! I love reading your blog to see how you are feeling. Thanks so much for sharing this experience. I am glad to read that your sense of humor has not diminished :) I am also glad to read that you are recovering and are on a track to returning to your "old" and improved self. Take care of you, always know I am here if you need anything!! Love, Mandi D.

    ReplyDelete