Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to the tube

I just wanted to give a quick update to you all. Over the last week and a half I have had a lot of symptoms return. This has given me obvious concern and worry. I had a Dr. appt yesterday and he said I really need to give it a few months, it hasn't even been 1 month yet. I will go for a follow up MRI this Thursday to confirm that the surgery did make the room for my brain as it was supposed to. They will also be confirming that I do not have a syrinx, which is a fluid filled tumor on the spine that can cause some of the symptoms I have had return. He feels confidant that I don't but just want to rule it out.

I am glad the sun is shinning today, the rain was getting old. I am really trying to keep myself in a "good" place and not let my fears get the best of me. I just pray that time will bring me relief. PATIENCE! Those of you that know me well are probably laughing now knowing that I have NO Patience.

Hope you are all well! My little Lexi turned 3 this weekend! We had a family party at my in-laws, it was so nice to feel normal for the day and be with family.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Lexi, first of all :) Please keep us all updated on your MRI. I am hopeful all is well and continue to keep you in my thoughts. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Amy, my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your family for Lexi's Birthday, cute pics by the way! Stay postitive! Luv ya - Stacey Adden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the waiting around is the hardest part of recovery ~ worship in the waiting :)
    http://www.onlylyrics.com/hits.php?grid=11&id=1012898
    Hugs ~ Lace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you friend! Let me know if you feel like having a visitor. I'd love to come over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy:
    I've been thinking about you, thanks for posting so we know how you are. I'm sure the mri will be positive.

    We are having Chat &Chug at the Longbranch on Thursday eve, the Nari gang will be swaping laughs and a few lies will be told, but who would expect anything else.

    Take care.

    Marla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you. Hope you have a wonderful mother's day! Sending lots of prayers your way :)
    carreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just checking in on your blog to see how you are doing. Now that Dawn is back to work, she keeps us posted! Saw some adorable pics from Lexi's B-day. She got a sweet ride (every girl's dream vehicle!). Know that you are still in my prayers and I hope the results of your latest rounds of tests are promising of no tumor or no need for further surgical intervention. Stay positive, and take care.

    ReplyDelete